Wednesday, February 2, 2011

caring

so this week ive been really focusing on being present when i'm with people and caring, like really caring about everyone. i've been trying to be real with people and get to their hearts instead of just having meaningless bs conversations. and already ive had 17 different heart to hearts with all these different people ive never even met before!!!! just kidding. nothings been that different besides the fact that its refreshing truly caring about people. now, im not really good at it yet but i've been focusing on what distracts me from the present and just being more sensitive to the Spirits leading. it's a good thing and im gunna keep workin on it. so in reality, 2 conversations come to my mind. One with the janitor from my work which was half spaglish but we talked about his kids and this kid he kinda adopted cause the kids dad got deported. i feel like this was a big step in our relationship. and also, with my old homie from football, who is now on my team at saddleback, he really opened up to me about some pain in his life and how he's interested in God. I gave him the Love Letter and he said he would start reading it. This was especially special because if there was one person who i thought i was LEAST likely to have a meaningful conversation with, it was him. only God! :)

10 comments:

  1. Cool to hear about you putting words into action. Amazing what happens when we get past looking at ourselves and all our crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stoked to hear Zach!
    It's so awesome that when we start practicing Kingdom ways of living, our initial reaction of, 'this is hard,' turns into us realizing how much more enjoyable life is walking in it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. woah, you guys speak the truth!
    nick: you're totally right i didn't even realize that. it's all about oppressing my self so that others will be more important! it's funny because that is also something God has been putting on my heart but i never made the connection until i read your comment... idk how haha, but it just didnt happen. phil 2:3

    Billy: word! that's applicable to every part of our lives that we are trying to give to the Lord. i think as we do it more and more, it will be less and less difficult to die to ourselves. It will still be painful, yes, but i guess the word i'm looking for is that we will be able to 'endure' the 'this is hard' part of the process more easily. Simply because our trust and faith in knoqing that His way of living will grow with each victory over self. if that makes sense...

    ReplyDelete
  4. correction: "Simply because our trust and faith in knowing that His way is better* will grow with each victory over self."

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you! I pray that God gives you the words to encourage your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey so I just wanted to say thanks so much for being so honest. you are showing up to what God's doing... at least that's my opinion and it is evident to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great Zach! So encouraging to see God working through you in even the simplest things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I read the part about the "17 new convos" I was half dialing your number to call you out of excitement and then I got to the "JK" part! haha you kill me man. This post was great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree with what you said about being refreshing when you truly care about people.

    ReplyDelete